Summer is the season of fun and adventure, but the heat, humidity, and sun exposure can leave our bodies looking dull, sweaty, and greasy. That's why it's essential to have a revamped summer body care and skincare routine to keep us radiant and ready for summer.
Luckily, we rounded up tips on how to take care of your body in summer, plus recommended products from our personal care collection so you can enjoy a fun time under the sun!
Importance of Summer Body Care Routine
A good summer routine can help protect our body from sun damage, prevent breakouts, and keep our skin hydrated. Body care is more than just lathering products, it’s also about choosing the right ingredients to help with our summer body concerns. Here are some of the best summer care tips to follow:
Restore your dry hair with the right shampoo
Staying too long under the sun can cause brittle and dry hair. Chlorine from the pool and salt water are also to blame for dry summer hair.
To avoid damaged hair after a summer getaway, wash your hair with a gentle natural shampoo made from ingredients like Gugo. Our Gugo Shampoo Bar has a restorative hair formula made from Gugo bark extract to help strengthen hair and prevent hair loss.
Use moisturizing soap for dry skin
Dry skin is common during the summer months. Sunlight absorbs the moisture from the skin which leaves it dry and flaky. If you’re going for a dip in the pool or sunbathing, make sure to use a moisturizing soap to help soothe the skin.
Our Zenutrients Goat's Milk and Oatmeal Soap is perfect for those with dry and sensitive skin. This handcrafted soap contains goat milk, which is rich in vitamins and minerals, and oatmeal, which helps moisturize the skin after every use.
Switch to organic deodorant
If you’re embarking on an all-day trip during the hottest season of the year, you need a deodorant that will keep you feeling fresh and protected from body odor. Make a switch this summer to deodorants made with natural ingredients like coconut oil, beeswax, and essential oils.
Our Jabon Jabon Organic Deodorant Bar is free from harmful chemicals and keeps your summer days odor-free. Gently rub the bar on your armpits after every shower. This bar is good to use for at least 60 applications.
Opt for a gentle feminine wash
Good feminine hygiene is a must for the ladies during summer. The hot season brings heat and humidity which cause bacteria to thrive in your body, especially in intimate areas. Before you step out to have some summer fun, it’s important to maintain appropriate feminine hygiene to prevent discomfort, irritation, or infections.
Use an organic feminine hygiene wash like our Jabon Jabon Feminine Wash Bar Soap. Made with natural ingredients like guava leaf extract, tea tree oil, lactic acid, and yerba buena, this bar is perfect for those with sensitive skin.
Benefits of Using Natural and Organic Products
Using natural and organic personal care products come with many benefits. They are free from harmful chemicals and toxins that can damage our skin and overall health. These personal care must-haves are also environmentally-friendly and sustainable to use for the summer season.
Extra Summer Care Tips for Your Body
- Hydrating your skin is essential during the summer season. Use a lightweight, non-greasy moisturizer that contains hyaluronic acid, which helps retain moisture in the skin.
- Wear sunscreen with at least SPF 30, and reapply every two hours when you're outside.
- Exfoliating regularly helps remove dead skin cells, unclogs pores, and improves skin texture. It's best to exfoliate once or twice a week, depending on your skin type.
- Avoid hot showers. Hot showers can strip your skin of its natural oils, leaving it dry and dull. Opt for lukewarm showers instead.
- Staying hydrated is essential during the summer season. Drink at least eight glasses of water a day to keep your skin hydrated from the inside out.
- Wear clothing like hats, sunglasses, and long-sleeved shirts that can help protect your skin from the sun.
- Avoid wearing heavy makeup as it can clog your pores and cause breakouts. Choose lightweight and non-comedogenic makeup during the summer season.
- Get enough sleep for healthy and radiant skin. Aim for at least seven to eight hours of sleep every night.
Shop for Summer Skincare Essentials at Kultura Filipino
Summer is a season of fun and adventure, but it should not be the reason to neglect body and skin care. Remember to keep your skin healthy and radiant by incorporating these tips into your summer skincare routine.
If you're looking for natural and organic summer skin care products to use, check out Kultura Filipino’s wide range of personal care products that cater to all skin types and needs! Shop now kulturafilipino.com! Don’t forget to #SupportLocal. Send us a message to order or inquire. Our personal shoppers will gladly assist you:
🔸 Messenger: m.me/KulturaPH
🔸 Call To Deliver: 09175174096 or 09676093407
🔸 Viber: bit.ly/KulturaOnViber