Immerse yourself in fine Filipino craftsmanship from across the regions at the very first Filipino Design Studio from September 1 to 30, 2022, at Kultura, Level 3, The Podium. Find inspiration and connect with a community that passionately supports local talent and crafts.
Kultura’s Filipino Design Studio is a collective space that aims to raise awareness and celebrate Filipino creativity and artistry. As we continue to bring the best of the Philippines into one shopping destination, Filipino Design Studio will showcase a specially curated selection of over 50 premium guest brands and designers, alongside your favorite homegrown brands.
Explore a beautifully curated collection of modern Filipiniana, statement jewelry, unique accessories, stylish home decor, and more! Here are the exciting things you should expect at Filipino Design Studio this September:
A Selection of Well-Loved Kultura Brands
At Filipino Design Studio, your favorite well-loved Kultura brands will take the center stage with their best locally-made products. Be delighted with proudly Pinoy products, from intricate Filipino crafts to re-imagined Filipiniana and Barong.
Among Kultura’s homegrown brands slated to join this collective is Casa Mercedes, the oldest fan maker in the Philippines. The brand specializes in authentic bespoke hand fans that have become a favorite accessory of Manila society.
Casa Mercedes’ stylish and original hand fans
For those who love eco-fashion, you can check out Kara De Juan’s statement bags and accessories on display. Their upcycled luxury bags and jewelry are made from ethically-sourced carabao horns.
Eco-fashion, statement bags, and jewelry from Kara De Juan
EN Barong Filipino’s traditional Barong, Nuevo Ystilo contemporary Filipiniana, and Rafaella’s classic Filipiniana will also display their collections at Filipino Design Studio. Look at their exclusive traditional garments made for him and her in the Kultura store at The Podium.
Other local brands to watch out for are Atin’s evocative scents inspired by iconic local destinations, Chill bt Nook’s high-quality, comfortable and contemporary knitwear, unique hand-painted home accessories from Art of Gold, and Millie Monday’s original decor artwork inspired by nature in the tropics.
Premium Brands and Designers
Some premium guest designers and Philippine-based brands are likewise onboard in this curated space for Filipino products. JIM Weaver's colorful and imaginative silk scarves will be available in a range of designs that embodies Filipino heritage. Watch out for their exclusive selection of silk scarves, coasters, and other fashion and home products.
JIM Weaver’s printed silk scarves are inspired by people, culture, and heritage.
Flutter’s handcrafted jewelry from the Philippines is also set to flaunt their statement beadwork techniques and jewelry designs at the Filipino Design Studio. Take home one of their jewelry pieces designed by Katrina Ong and her team of skilled Filipino women.
Striking design and beadwork techniques are highlighted in Flutter’s jewelry pieces
Dining essentials and home decor from Maison Grid Plus will be on display for you to check out. Their finest dining essentials and decor made with rattan and bamboo await you at the Filipino Design Studio.
Uniquely designed dinnerware from Maison Grid Plus
Other premium collections and brands that will be joining the Filipino Design Studio are the following:
- EN Barong Filipino - Traditional and modern variations of the Barong
- Nuevo Ystilo - Youthful and contemporary Filipiniana reimagined
- Raffaella - Classic and timeless Filipiniana
- Atin - Capturing the essence of iconic local destinations through evocative scents
- Chill by Nooks - High-quality, comfortable, and contemporary knitwear
- Art of Gold - Unique hand-painted accessories for the home
- Millie Monday - Decor featuring original artwork inspired by nature in the tropics
- Rhett Eala - Vibrant colors and prints anchored by universally flattering silhouettes
- Matthew and Melka - Fun, fresh accessories featuring the vivid colors of local flora and fauna
- Haspe - Handcrafted wood and solihiya furniture that melds tradition, function, and innovative design
- Mjorian - Brass, gold, and silver jewelry accented with precious stones.
- Virtucio - Innovative upcycled bags and accessories made from grocery bags and plastic
- Ilaya Couture - Modern filipiniana designs featuring variations of the terno or butterfly sleeves
- Shepard - Sustainable life goods for everyday living
- The Fine Life Market - Slow, simple, sustainable home goods
- Strong Mina -Fashion made with authentic hand-loomed, embroidered textiles from Abra
- Our Little Ideas - Luxuriously soft towels abs blankets made by weaving communities in Bicol
- Ken Samudio - Exquisitely detailed jewelry inspired by marine life using beads upcycled from plastic bottles, sea glass, and other native sustainable materials
- Ibarra - The first locally-assembled Filipino watch brand with world-class design and quality
- Rurungan Sa Tubod Foundation, Inc. - Caftans and wraps made with fabrics handwoven on traditional looms by women from fishing and farming villages in Puerto Prinsesa.
- Beyond Borders - Raising awareness about the beauty of Abel weaving, the heritage craft of Ilocos
- La Bon Vie - Preserving the Ilocano craft of textile weaving and keeping it relevant today with intricately handmade home essentials
Make sure to drop by each brand’s display of products at Kultura’s Filipino Design Studio this September.
The Kultura store at The Podium will be transformed into a haven for existing Kultura brands and guest brands for the entire month of September. Don’t miss this chance to shop unique Kultura Filipino products at Filipino Design Studio!
Visit Kultura’s Filipino Design Studio from September 1 to 30 at Kultura 3/L, The Podium, Ortigas!